Monday, March 30, 2009

Creative Monday

Woke up to a nice sunny morning in Georgia. I went with my friends Joyce and Celine to Zumba for a wake me up workout. The workout is addictive I mean you are dancing the whole time and working your but, legs arms you name it. I really love it and whenever I have chance I invite people to join me for some Zumba. After Zumba we went to Starbucks and had some tea and dolce steamers. We are dutch but we do not drink coffee. Hey but we love the smell of coffee though. We had a lot of interesting conversations. A couple of months ago I met both Celine and Joyce they came here to the US on a spouse visa. They are in kinda similar situation that I was when I came to live in the US. You have to really adapt to a new home, a new country, new people, new language and culture. I really admire Celine and the work she does, she helps teenagers who have been in abusive relationships or molested gain confidence so they can live on their own, so they can come out of the broken homes they live in. These teenagers get a another chance in life a chance to experience love from someone they can trust that would not hurt them, but respect them , that want the best for them. There is something that me and Celine have in common, we love the books about woman and children who are hurting or has been hurt. I do not know if you have ever read the book " The road to lost innocence" by Somaly Mam, the author was sold into sex slavery and now she is the one rescuing others girls. It is a very touching book, sad but with hope cause out of all of the pain Somaly endured she decided to rise up and not stay in the circle of pain, shame and guilt but she chose to help others I guess this is healing to her. Joyce is my other friend, who I have know since last year, she has a bright cheery spirit. She is my Zumba partner , we go together and we just have plain fun. She makes me laugh all the time. I know for sure that I will miss them when the time comes for them to leave, but I"m glad that I have met them.
This day has been a relaxing one for me, cause today I did not had to volunteer at school. So I decided to watch the dvd that came with my camera. I played a bit with it today, I still have to figure out many stuff. My husband cooked nasi goreng with curry egg for dinner this evening, so I was really happy that I did not have to cook today.
Hope your Monday is up to a great start. Please excuse my long post and also my red eyes, its allergy season here.

I am wearing:
jeans: Gap
flats: Laundry
necklace: made by me
bracelet: combination of garage finds and store bought
top: Banana Republic
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Danielle said...

oooh, gorgeous necklace!!!

Anonymous said...

Great top and necklace! Is that your living room....I love the way it is decorated!