Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Out of Africa


This is what I made yesterday evening. I enter a competition where you needed to work with 3 or more gemstones, I had something else in my mind, something blue, but after many attempts I ended doing this piece. It had to be simple string, I used zebra Jasper, hematite, black agate in different shapes and sizes, and carnelian for a splash of color. The inspiration behind this one was the many times I have watched the Lion King with the kids over and over. We have danced countless times to the cd pretending to be animals. As a family we have watched the musical and just being there experiencing it with the kids was priceless. I imagined zebra's running through the Savannah, the orange color was for the setting of the sun. I included silver spacer for a interesting touch to the necklace.
May the best design win.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

*Diane* said...

Gorgeous Necklace! Goodluck to you :-)

Kay said...

It's lovely! You deserve to win

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love your beads. I too am a beads and accessory person.Is it okay if we exchange links? Would be honored to have you in my blog roll:)